In my posts below I discuss average wages. I think they're an important set of statistics - numbers we need to be concious of. How else are we to know if we are doing well, okay, badly or worse?
Where did I get these numbers from? From the Office for National Statistics; website here. When searching for the data, I asked myself why the ONS wasn't presenting these numbers in a friendlier way? Why was it geek's-only territory? After all, we all need these numbers if we are to make good decisions.
Today, I read that the ONS has been panned by an MPs' committee. Rightly so in my view. The data exists. It's data we all need. It's data that would allow us to inject a little more logic when deciding on important personal-finance matters. Make it easier, not harder.
Read the article here.
No comments:
Post a Comment